Wednesday 26 December 2007

Boxing Day

There seem to be several ideas as to why Boxing Day exists. It is a holiday and well placed after Christmas. There's a huge Cricket Match versus India and the stores went wild with sales and customers. For some, it was a day to relax. All the while, Salvos are on duty, serving God by serving mankind. The daily realities of many people make the holidays particularly difficult.

God sees us through any and all of these issues. Trusting Him needs to be our daily posture and joy. He delights in these connections.

Hebrews 13:5 (MSG)
5 Don't be obsessed with getting more material things. Be relaxed with what you have. Since God assured us, "I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you,"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Boxing Day tradition is to go out and play cricket with some of the boys. We pad up fully and bowl as fast as we can to each other and then admire the biggest bruises. It's awsome.
Hope you and carolyn had a great christmas.
gotgumonmyshoe

Jim Knaggs said...

Great tradition. I hope you take it easy on them.

Lorry said...

My dear Commissioner,
What a great paraphrase of a timely verse. I continue to enjoy your daily posts! Keep 'em coming!
A blessed New Year to you and yours!
Give my love to my friend, Carolyn.
Stay encouraged and be blessed!
Much love,
Lorry G

Jim Knaggs said...

And Carolyn sends her love.