Friday 20 February 2009

Hansie



We attended a private screening of "Hansie",the story of the life of South African cricket captain Hansie Cromje. It was worth every minute and I recommend it to you when you have the opportunity. I understand it is not in the theatres yet in Australia, but wherever you are, give it a go.

The message is powerful and worth experiencing. Feel free to take anyone with you. It's safe.

Luke 15:24 (MSG)
24 My son is here—given up for dead and now alive! Given up for lost and now found!' And they began to have a wonderful time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! They've made a movie!

I've read the authorised biography about him already and Hansie has sort of been one of my heroes (during and since cricket).

I know South African Great Peter Pollock likens the story of Cronje to the story of 'The Prodigal Son' as told by Jesus (Luke 15:11-24)

I'll definitely be seeing it as soon as I can.

Thanks Commissioner

Anonymous said...

From the website (www.globalcreative.co.za) of the production company of 'Hansie' movie:

With the box office and DVD success in South Africa we have received many requests from India, Australia, England, the USA and many other countries. The movie will be released soon through a major international distributor. Details will be announced soon.