Sunday 26 November 2006

Commissioning

So the Army has twenty-eight new Captains to add to their rolls of commissioned officers. The Visionaries of the Australian Southern Territory proudly stepped up to the platform today in public declaration that they will serve the Lord with all their heart, soul and mind. We watched and listened to a message to them from General Shaw Clifton and they were blessed that General Eva Burrows (Rtd.) was present.

In the course of the meeting, the Holy Spirit revealed Himself to many of us to our delight. He reminded us of God's deep love for us and His hope that we might stand tall with the Visionaries in Salvation Army service. Hallelujah! Congratulations, Major Frank Daniels and the Training College staff who worked hard to bring us to this point.

Isaiah 6:8 (NRSV)
8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I; send me!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great weekend! May God use these people who have given their lives to His service! Praise God for the thousands of people who will be affected by the love of Christ in their lives!

Allison Ward said...

Thats great news....Will you guys be able to go to the Congress in Hershey??? I know it's far away still but I was just curious :)

Jim Knaggs said...

Thanks, James...Holy Spirit blessed meetings.

Allison...we're planning to come and will hope to see you there.

Anonymous said...

Commissioning was great I was moved to tears several times during this event. It was such a great blessing to see two pwoplw I have journed with over 5 & 12 years now fulfil God calling on their life. I pray God still uses me in the future.

It was cool the way you asked people to comforward for to become Lt's as well as officer's not sure I've seen that before but it was a defining moment for a young guy I have been mentoring as we were talking about that very issue on Saturday.

Bless you Comm may God use you greatly.

Jim Knaggs said...

I love it when the Holy Spirit does that!

Anonymous said...

Commissioning was a beautiful testimony of the working power of God's Grace and His calling upon the lives of those who serve Him. For me, this Commissioning was a little different, I know I'm going to college next year and that in 2 years, that will be me up there publicly declaring God's calling upon my life and stepping into fulfilling His call. The challenge I see for others is nurturing those who know they have been called but are ignoring it. I think particulaly of many young Salvationists who have recognised God's calling upon their lives,in whatever capacity that means, But for whatever reason, choose not to step into the fulness of that calling. I felt amazingly blessed at Commissioning as I saw young person after young person, stand up, come forward and say 'You know what God?, I'm gonna do what You're calling me to' Hallelujah! The challenge now, is to continue to intergrate and empower young people into full time ministry. God is stirring up this generation of young Salvationists who are heeding to the call of the Lord - Will you join me in soaking them with our prayers, encouragements & blessings - I hope so, for the sake of His Kingdom!! Comm. Jim, I want to thank you for your heart for young people and your continual challenge and encouragement to us - What an amazing Blessing!
Praying for YOU!!,
Aaron :)