Tuesday 21 November 2006

Every Day

Every day is a gift from God. What would you have done without today? There might have been some experiences, conversations or news you wouldn't have preferred, but when we look at our every day, we will see that there are parts of it that make us who we are right now.

So is it fate then that drives us through our days? Is it a collection of opportunities and casualties that form our lives? Do we think our own choices dictate all our eventualities? Our choices do have bearing, but the real designer of our lives is God. He has a plan from before the creation of the world. Our objective is to coincide our choices with His will.

This may seem absurdly basic, but we need to get this right...and we can. It's when we miss this reality that we begin to undervalue our days. Are we waiting for the important days to come? The most important day we will ever have is today. We will enjoy the providential blessings of God every day, when we understand that every day is His gift to us.

John 14:6 (KJV) "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder, i was in my garden the other and noticed all the flowers. The sad things is I missed them blooming somehow. I guess I've been to busy to notice. It made me thing am I too busy with doing stuff that I miss the people around me starting to bloom. I pray not. I want my to help people bloom.

Live life.

Anonymous said...

thought of this as I read ur blog...

matthew 24:44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Anonymous said...

Psalm 100 (The MSG)
A Thanksgiving Psalm
"1-2 On your feet now—applaud God! Bring a gift of laughter,
sing yourselves into his presence. 3 Know this: God is God, and God, God.
He made us; we didn't make him. We're his people, his well-tended sheep.
4 Enter with the password: "Thank you!"
Make yourselves at home, talking praise. Thank him. Worship him.
5 For God is sheer beauty, all-generous in love, loyal always and ever."

Each day on our feet to "Thank Him" and He will see that today goes according to His plan!