Sunday 12 November 2006

Palmerston, Northern Territory


Just outside of Darwin is a vibrant corps capably led by Captains Gerald and Mairi Mitchell (with us in the photo). In spite of a break-in at the building the night before, the corps folk wouldn't stand for anyone stealing their joy. The holiness meeting was blessed by the Holy Spirit throughout.


Now if you're near Palmerston, go check out this corps. You'll be glad you did. They are a warm group of Salvationists and friends from the youngest to the oldest. The music was a delight as well. It was a good blend of the brass and the contemporary.

I'm glad we were there. The worship experience before God was a perfect way to complete our Top End weekend.

John 15:9-11 (CEV)
9 I have loved you, just as my Father has loved me. So remain faithful to my love for you.
10 If you obey me, I will keep loving you, just as my Father keeps loving me, because I have obeyed him.
11 I have told you this to make you as completely happy as I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How clever are photographs? We can see you so clearly... can say "ah there are The Knaggs" or can we? A picture might paint a thousand words but each photo shows only a fraction of the real complete you. We see a smile.. but can only imagine the lilt of voice, the warmth of hug.. We read your words and sense your passion and commitment.. but even that can not be seen in a photo..
like an iceberg.. so much remains unseen.. yet the Lord God knows.. sees.. each hope, each thought, each concern.. sees where you struggle and where triumph.. May He bless you abundantly and keep you safe, today and always !