Wednesday 25 July 2007

Listening to God

How is it that you hear God? He communicates with us on a regular basis. This is an amazing reality. The Lord of all speaks to us, saved and unsaved. I suppose the message isn't so different. It is a message of love and encouragement.

I heard Him tell me to trust Him today and to keep listening. When I think of the reality of our relationship, my heart thrills. He speaks of hope and holiness. He reminds me of forgiveness and peace for my soul no matter the challenge. He knows how to reach me and only requires that I am looking to Him.

Our relationship with God can be as vibrant as we're willing to accept. Our answer to His call is "yes."

Deuteronomy 28:2 (MSG)
2 All these blessings will come down on you and spread out beyond you because you have responded to the Voice of God, your God:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! It is wonderful that God still speaks today, just as he did in ages passed.

As the old song says...
And He walks with me,
and He talks with me,
and He tells me I am His own
and the joy we share as we tarry there,
none other has ever known.

I am glad we share that joy. And I pray that we both continue to listen to Him!

Jim Knaggs said...

Yes.