Tuesday 22 April 2008

Phil and Sheila Smith

We're enjoying the company and ministry of Phil and Sheila Smith. Both gifted musicians, they have shared their music with audiences in Canberra this past weekend. In another week, they'll be returning to Melbourne for a programme with the Melbourne Staff Band.

Those in attendance this past week speak in positive terms of the positive witness of our guests. God's light is shining through them in beautiful ways. Let their superior music and message declare the glory of God.

Psalms 57:7 (NIV)
7 My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have to say I feel good every time I read good news about Jesus whenever I visit.

Thanks Commissioner Jim.

Dee Jay said...

I heard Phil and Sheila not to long ago and it was extremely moving ... Both through their music and ministry is the proof that God had given us all our own special talents ...

Anonymous said...

The Melbourne Concert with Phil & Sheila is on Wednesday 30 April at The Besen Centre, Station Street, Burwood.

They will also be in Ballarat on Friday 2 May at the Wendouree Performing Arts Centre.

All ticket details can be found at the MSB website - www.msb.salvationarmy.org.au

Phil is the principal trumpet of the New York Philharmonic Orchestra - he's the Tiger Woods of the trumpet!!

Thanks Commissioner!!
Darren

Jim Knaggs said...

Good word. Thanks.