Thursday 17 April 2008

Retired Officers

We met with the retired officers of Victoria this week. Led by Commissioner Brian Morgan, they represent many of our best Salvationists. When you consider the years of faithful service, you are immediately reminded of the faithfulness of God. He has kept these folks through challenging and peaceful times. They know it and witness to it.

Take a few minutes with a retired officer. You'll find gratitude, hope and holiness. These are all undeniable characteristics of lives lived in the joy and peace of Christ. Hallelujah!

Philippians 4:7 (KJV)
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

5 comments:

Major Tim Lynn said...

I'm thoroughly blessed to minister to and spend extended time with ROs (and other retired seniors) everyday in my aged care chaplaincy appointment.
Their dedication to God and faithfulness in holy living are a constant inspiration and delight to me!

Darren Lamotte said...

I think it is a great idea for us each to spend some time with a Retired Officer, I think their expertise,experience,passion and knowledge is an under used resource in the Army.

God bless them each and I thank them for their wonderful service.

Darren

Anonymous said...

I too have a list of heroes. The list may be short but it's distinguished. Leading the list...

Lt. Colonel Claralyn Lowman

Jim Knaggs said...

She's a hero of mine too.

jeff said...

Yes, Claralyn and her husband Doug, now gone to his reward were mentors to me in years past. I was overjoyed to see this. Doug was my boss in Massachusetts and had more patience than I deserved and such compassion not found anywhere else. I know many that worked for him during that era that feel the same way. And Claralyn is a gift from God to us.
They are who I think of when I think of the Salvation Army. And there are others. One is the writer of this blog. And Commisioner Andy Miller is a giant to me. Cathryn Ditmer, my aunt also in heaven is also on the list. These people are the reason the Army still has such a major part of my heart.