Monday 2 June 2008

Security

Around the world, security is at an all time high. The treachery and cowardice of terrorists who send even the innocent to prey upon the innocent has forced the civilised to guard themselves. For this reason, we are caused to sacrifice certain freedoms that have always been ours. They are led by the enemy of enemies who has no regard for life.

For those who are human in this battle, God has made a way for redemption. The way is more powerful than any explosive and more strategic than laser guidance. The way is close to God. The way is His Son who has paid the ultimate price for all of our freedom and is free to us for the believing. His name is Jesus. Only in Him will we be really secure.

Ezekiel 37:26 (MSG)
26 I'll make a covenant of peace with them that will hold everything together, an everlasting covenant. I'll make them secure and place my holy place of worship at the center of their lives forever.

3 comments:

Larry said...

it occurs to me that Jesus was an active peacemaker. by His death and resurrection He made peace between us and God. i wonder in this day of wars and rumors of war, how the example of active peacemaking can be lived out by Christians in a violent world.

HS said...

I was struck a few months ago to read of a bombing where the terrorists used two downs syndrome women as the suicide bombers. Talk about the innocent . . .
It is a sorrowful thing.

Anonymous said...

Personally I don't have anything to do with terrorists and don't consider myself amongst the 'civilised' who have to 'guard themselves'. Are these 'human' or otherwise?

I have heard of Jesus, who said: "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." Matt 10:34

Trouble is that some so-called 'terrorists' actually believe they are closest to God compared to the worldly 'civilised'. At the end of the day I don't think we can rely on the world to remain secure, whether 'civilised' or otherwise.