Tuesday 23 June 2009

Salvos Out There

God has given us a sacred and exciting mission. The mission is about transforming lives, caring for people, making disciples and reforming society. Following our work in Connections and Connecting Forward, we asked God what He was saying to us of the Australia Southern Territory.

Salvos Out There is an engagement that will enable us to fulfill His calling upon our lives and our movement. In this plan we will begin to get out of our comfort zones to meet and engage our neighbours and community to know and honour God.

Be on the lookout for materials that will support you and others to facilitate the mission of God.

2 Samuel 19:7 (MSG)
7 Get hold of yourself; get out there and put some heart into your servants! I swear to God that if you don't go to them they'll desert; not a soldier will be left here by nightfall. And that will be the worst thing that has happened yet."

2 comments:

Allison Ward said...

Well I can say I'm out of my comfort zone this year! I just started as the youth worker in the Manhattan Chinatown corps! It's an amazing corps with an amazing ministry! It's all about mission. Every time I get off the Subway I feel like I'm in a different country. It's such a cultural experience.
Missing you and Carolyn.
Love you both!

blessings,
Allison

Tim Watson said...

These are exciting days to be a Salvo! I'm looking forward to what God will do during Salvos Out There!