Saturday 28 April 2007

Facebook

The Facebook phenomenon continues. Are you on? How many friends do you have listed? How many groups are you in? I'm in and I just plain don't know the answers to my own questions. It is a fascinating opportunity and one that is growing.

As it turns out, face is very important. There are many cultures where saving face is primary. Losing face is disgrace and that is almost unlivable for them.

Now consider that we are all made in the image of God. That tells me our face is one of love and understanding and holiness. With this understanding, we can face just about anything and not lose. It's in the book.

1 John 5:9 (MSG)
9 If we take human testimony at face value, how much more should we be reassured when God gives testimony as he does here, testifying concerning his Son.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I got transferred to Marietta eight weeks ago, I met a lot of the college students. (I live two blocks from campus.) They got me into Facebook and I must say its been an interesting adventure. I do love the ability to communicate through facebook. As one my college girls said last night, "Facebook is impersonal, but practical." You do loose that face-to-face contact, but it is a very convienant thing. It does beg the question though, are we as a society and as Christians becoming "impersonal but practical?" I don't know the answer... it's just a thought.