Tuesday 10 April 2007

Life and Death

Is it clear yet that what we do is about life and death? More important than anything else in the world, is our relationship with God through Jesus. More important...more significant...more essential...more wonderful...more beautiful...more fulfilling...than anything.

Imagine your most favourite experience...this is better. Imagine your deepest relationship...He is better...Imagine your highest joy. He's better.

Now think through the most important job in the world. Leading someone to Christ is way more important. How about winning he largest lottery in the world... No comparison to knowing Christ.

Knowing Christ will bring all of these aspects of life into glorious reality. The word calls it abundant life...and it is for all of us who do know Him.

John 10:10 (MSG)
10 A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of.

3 comments:

Allison Ward said...

This post reminds me of a song that the NYSB chorus accompanied Stephen Ditmer on Good Friday, Knowing you.

All I once held dear, built my life upon,
All this world reveres and wars to own;
All I once thought gain I have counted loss,
Spent and worthless now compared to this.

Knowing You, Jesus, knowing You
There is no greater thing.
You're my all, You're the best,
You're my joy, my righteousness,
And I love You Lord.

Now my heart's desire is to know You more,
To be found in You and know as Yours,
To possess by faith what I could not earn
All surpassing gift of righteousness

Oh to know the power of Your risen life,
And to know You in Your sufferings;
To become like You in Your death, my Lord,
So with You to live and never die.

Lieutenant Jo said...

I've been preparing a sermon about the "WOW factor" of Jesus, hope you don't mind me using some of your words from this blog... hehe

Its amazing how God works through the Body of Christ! :o)

Bless ya for your thoughts!!!!!

Jim Knaggs said...

A - Perfect song. You get it!

scoam - Go for it.