Friday 14 September 2007

Calling

Would you keep reading if I promised to tell you about your calling? This is a matter that many believers struggle with. We look to God for where we ought to be and what we ought to be doing. Along with your calling, I know God's will for your life. It actually has less to do with the where and what as it does with the who.

Hear God: 1 Thessalonians 4:3 (NIV)
3 It is God's will that you should be sanctified:

And more: 1 Thessalonians 4:7 (NIV)
7 For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.

There it is. God's calling and His will for you and me, all in the same chapter in the Bible. Hallelujah!

1 Thessalonians 4:1-2 (NIV)
1 Finally, brothers, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more.
2 For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.

4 comments:

james said...

hallelujah let it be

imagine a holy army filled with people called by God! we could win the world for jesus...

Jim Knaggs said...

Bless the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these words. This is my first visit to TCspeaks. I am heading for college in 2008 and I love to tell people that this "call" is the next part (albeit a very important part) of my walk with God. I have always been "called" - this has never been in doubt for me. The how, when and where work out as I walk with God, through good and bad times. The verses I rely on include Micha 6:8 and Romans 12:1,2. My part is to stick to the "Who" and to trust God to work out the how, when and where. Everyone is called and has something vital to do. God bless!

Jim Knaggs said...

Welcome Laurel. The Holy Spirit is speaking through you. Hallelujah!