Saturday 15 September 2007

Togethering

On the invitation to our wedding, we used a word that probably still isn't one. We invited people to be there to share in the moment that would formally initiate our "togethering in Christ." It might have been a seventies kind of thing on our mind, but it has indeed become a descriptor of our journey.

Carolyn's return from Sunbury Court reminds me that I'm at my best when we are togethering in Christ. The kilometers aren't really negatively significant to our relationship. We are in unison, serving Christ. It's a concept that is also the prayer of our Lord: "that we might be one." I like this part of the answer to His prayer. Hallelujah!

John 13:34 (NIV)
34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

No comments: