Sunday 9 September 2007

Primary

At the corps today, we celebrated the contribution of the Primary kids to our lives. They sang and danced and recited lines. They were great. All of the kids are. The parents were proud. The grands were thrilled and the rest of us just swelled with joy to witness the promise of God in each of these children. Hallelujah!

Can we hold them in the grace of God? We must do everything we can to do so. It is a battle that we cannot take lightly. I expect that each one of these parents will fight for their child's life. Sometimes we just don't know how to do it and sometimes our own distractions turn into the calamities of the children. God help us.

Matthew 18:5 (Phillips NT)
5 "Anyone who welcomes one child like this for my sake is welcoming me. But if anyone leads astray one of these little children who believe in me he would be better off thrown into the depths of the sea with a mill-stone hung round his neck! Alas for the world with its pitfalls! In the nature of things there must be pitfalls. yet alas for the man who is responsible for them!

4 comments:

Greg Turnbull said...

As a father of three primary aged daughters and a primary school teacher I can only echo what you are saying T.C. When we live in a world that tells a thin ten year old girl, that I know, she is fat we need to pray for them dearly on a daily basis.

God Bless

Anonymous said...

Yesterday about 200 amazing kids gathered for a movie and mini golf. I sat as the theatre darkened and looked out across the sea of excited, vibrant, curious, intelligent faces and prayed for them all. May we be guided to grow each of these precious lives to achieve the purpose for which they were lent to us. Bless them all, they are our future.
Congratulations to the awesome team that planned and carried out the event. Can't wait for next year!

Anonymous said...

As one of those parents "swelling" with pride, I'm with you. I want so much for my child to live for Jesus - God help me to be the example I should be - need to be to her, and not only for me to be an example, for all those associated with her to be the example, so that one day she too will come to know Him. Surround them with your Angels Lord.

VO

Darren Lamotte said...

I was thinking about very similar thoughts today, and it is very challenging. We need to do everything we can to protect our children and also to encourage them to search and develop their own understanding and relationship with God from a very early age.
Not easy but nothing worth doing ever is.
God Bless
Darren L