Saturday 24 May 2008

Spend time with those you love

As you can, spend time with those you love. It may sound simple and obvious, but there are times in our lives when we need such a reminder. Parents, don't let yourself be found to say, "I wish I had spent more time with my kids. They grew up too fast." Don't be found saying, "Now that my folks are gone, I should have taken more time to be with them."

There are other relationships that suffer simply because we don't get to it, or we don't do well to write letters or can't afford the calls. Measure the significance of your relationship and do what it takes to keep it alive. You'll be glad about it when you do.

2 John 1:5 (MSG)
5 But permit me a reminder, friends, and this is not a new commandment but simply a repetition of our original and basic charter: that we love each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great talking to you on the phone Uncle Jim!
Love Always,
Allison xo
(This is ur daughter)