Tuesday 31 March 2009

Have a Chat

Having a difficult time with someone? Why not just have a chat? Often, the reason for the estrangement is a matter of misunderstanding and lack of clear communication, so, have a chat.

What's to lose by just speaking with each other? Too embarrassed by a failure in the relationship? Who's not human and besides, perfection is way over rated.

Make a time. Have an open chat and see where it takes you.

Colossians 4:6 (MSG)
6 Be gracious in your speech. The goal is to bring out the best in others in a conversation, not put them down, not cut them out.

3 comments:

Donna Kay said...

how do you chat with a deceiver?

mdb said...

Often it is the chatting that leads to the difficulties for me! I find that the words leaving my head (whether vocally or being typed) rarely communicate the message I intended for them and often twisted to mean different things or have new meaning spoken into them.

Of course I do the same with others and the bible!

Jim Knaggs said...

D/K - i think the answer is in the verse above for starters. Listen for the truth and go with that.

mdb - I think you did pretty good here. Honesty is the best approach.