Saturday 1 March 2008

Trusting God

One of the beautiful aspects of faith is how we can trust God. Yes, we trust Him for who He is, who He is making us and much more. I celebrate how we can trust each other because we trust God.

Often, when someone is stretching my imagination, I am able to go forward with them, simply because I'm trusting God for them. It's one of His gifts to us.

Trusting completely? It probably means more than we know.

Romans 4:14 (MSG)
14 If those who get what God gives them only get it by doing everything they are told to do and filling out all the right forms properly signed, that eliminates personal trust completely and turns the promise into an ironclad contract! That's not a holy promise; that's a business deal.

7 comments:

Allison Ward said...

I love your blog. I love how devoted you are to it. And I love how even the short ones are so profound.
Missing you here in New York!
Blessings,
Allison

Cadet Stobes!! said...

This post rings true for me. Trust is such a beautiful aspect of our relationship with God and with others. Even in these last few days, people have shared some things with me, and I am able to trust them, because in this certain situation, I am trusting God in doing so! Would love to hear from you soon JK. Blessings Abundant!!!

Jim Knaggs said...

It's good to hear from both of you. Carolyn thinks you should meet each other. Besides being our great friends, you have a lot in common.

Allison Ward said...

Haha I think you both mentioned that the last time I saw you at Congress. hahaha...that might be a bit difficult considering I'm in New York and he is in Australia. :)

Cadet Stobes!! said...

Hmmm.....I'm with you Allison...However....Jim IS the Territorial Commander AND I am a Cadet! I'm sure they could find some super special 2 week assignment in which I would have to fly to NY for!!!......What do you think Comm????

Allison Ward said...

HAhahaahahaaa.

Jim Knaggs said...

God does make ways for His ideas. It'll be interesting to see.