Tuesday 30 January 2007

Between Generations

I've been reading Aussie Michael Frost's book titled EXILES Living Missionally in a Post-Christian Culture. I really recommend it for cultural identification and challenge. He speaks largely about post-Christendom and his points are well taken. When there is a cultural shift, where and when do we draw the dividing line between the cultures?

On a regular basis I find myself straddling these lines in the same meeting. It's an amazing place to find yourself. Sometimes you can try everything to get the former culture to try to take a step in the direction of the present. Sometimes it's quite difficult. The question becomes, "Where do we stand?" I like the present and lean towards the future.

1 Corinthians 9:22 (NIV)
22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some.

No comments: