Thursday 4 January 2007

Marching Along

I've learned to believe that faithfulness delights God. This is loving obedience. It is consistent with everything the Bible teaches and all that Jesus demonstrated. This is everyday solid witness to grace in regular matters and occasionally, in special ways as well.

It is in the journey that the grace of God is ultimately recognised and understood. Our regular efforts can display the holiness and lovingness of God. God is primarily revealed on these terms. So I am blessed to be in the company of family and associates who are, in fact, marching along. I believe they do so to the glory of God.

3 John 1:3 (NIV)
3 It gave me great joy to have some brothers come and tell about your faithfulness to the truth and how you continue to walk in the truth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was reading your entry 'Last Chance in 2006' and was reminded of what I felt I needed to do as I entered 2007 in my new country (the Philippines) where I have served 10 months of a 3 year term. I have a strong sense of calling by God to step out into a ministry and have been waiting for others within my appointment and Corps to join me. I have since realised that this will not happen and on New Years Eve came to the conclusion that I don't NEED to wait for other individuals, as this is something I am passionate about and God is wanting ME to step out alone at this time.

On my street there is a garbage dump where 50 families live and work, their livelihood is sifting through the rubbish and to recycle goods. I have been greatly challenged to build relationships and to serve in some way within this community.

So the thing that I have been putting off, what I knew I needed to do as the year came to a close, was not to call a friend or send an email... it was to buy some sturdy boots that will be adequate as I wander through the mud and rubbish and build relationships with adults and children from my street!

Anonymous said...

Oops... forgot my name.

Debbie Messenger (Capt.)
http://spaces.msn.com/debmessy

Jim Knaggs said...

D - Thank you for commenting. Your words are anchored in your service to the King of Kings. We have been praying for you and hope to meet you some day. Thank you for leaving your blog address. I will be connecting better with you as we go forward. Thank you for your ministry.