Wednesday 3 January 2007

Local Leaders

The strength and continuity of a good corps comes from God. In my experience it involves a cadre of solid local leaders. These are the people who accept responsibilities in the corps and they are just plain vital.

Are you a local leader? Why not? I've never known a corps to have too many. Not been asked? Don't wait for that. Consult the Spirit of God. If He affirms you in this way, approach your Corps Sargent Major or Corps Officer. They will be receptive. Tell them what the Spirit told you.

Deuteronomy 13:18 (MSG)
18 Yes. Obediently listen to God, your God. Keep all his commands that I am giving you today. Do the right thing in the eyes of God, your God.

4 comments:

Evie said...

Good local leaders make officers look good. And wise officers who work well with local leaders are treasures. When they all play their roles, the Army and God's Kingdom flourish.

Larry said...

Sounds like a biblical principle called, "the priesthood of all believers." Booth also said that he wished there would be a day when the line between the common man and the cleric would be undetectable. Sounds like the NT model and the early SA model are what is needed in this postmodern world. Thanks for reminding us of the importance of ALL BELIEVERS to the ministry of Kingdom.

Captain Andrew Clark said...

In my current corps appointment, I've only just come accross the 'I haven't been asked' culture. In Scotland, where I hail from originally, it seemed to me that there was an openness in the culture to offer and just get stuck in.

With your permission, I'd love to add these paragraphs to our next corps newsletter.

yours in Jesus
Andrew

Jim Knaggs said...

E - You always get it.

L - I've witnessed your conviction on this subject.

A - Thanks for your comment. Your blog at
http://armyrenewal.blogspot.com/
is helpful. You're kind to seek permission to quote. An author would do that. Use anything I've written on these postings to the glory of God.