Tuesday 23 January 2007

The Ocean

Wide, wide as the ocean, high as the heavens above, Deep, Deep as the deepest sea, is my Saviour's love. I, though so unworthy, still am a child of His care; for His Word Teaches me that His love reaches me everywhere.

Sung in faith as a child and remembered to be authentic as an adult. God's love is like the ocean...large and convincing.

We made it to the ocean tonight. It is beautiful and has multiple parallels to God's love. Unlimited. Unconditional. Uncompromising.

Proverbs 25:3 (MSG)
3 Like the horizons for breadth and the ocean for depth, the understanding of a good leader is broad and deep.

4 comments:

Major Tim Lynn said...

Thanks for the reminder. My prayer is that the rhythmic tide of God's unconditional and all-encompassing love might continue to flow on into the lives of others within our territory with great impact and spiritual influence.
May you both continue to take time to seek God's personal refreshment as you travel the 'Great Southland'.

jsi said...

The ocean carries such amazing illustrations to heart and mind. Gods love is deeper than the deepst ocean. God's love stretches farther than the horizon and beyond.
A reminder from the Proverbs to be a leader who is broad and deep - a challenge only accomplished through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Great thoughts today, inspiring and visual...I swear I can almost smell salt water.
Enjoy your day!

Christian said...

Ever since I was a child I have enjoyed the ocean. My earliest memory is my grandfather dipping me in the Gulf of Mexico at Clearwater Beach Florida. However, my favorite spot has to be Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman, BWI. The water is so clear, the sand is warm, never hot. It has to be, as some well known salvationist says, "heaven on the way to heaven."

It is great that although the great Pacific ocean divides us, this great information highway keeps us all in touch. I guess we have Al Gore to thank for it!

HS said...

Thinking of the ocean, it does separate by its vastness, but if you touch its waves and I touch those on my shore, we can touch each other - I like that image. We miss you, lots! Joan K is a tough date :) Love to Carolyn.
JoAnn