Wednesday 23 January 2008

Moving Forward

There are few things I enjoy more than making progress. I appreciate measurable growth, charting it, and going for it. This, of course, is not always appropriate in ministry even with the best quantifiable methodology. Some matters are designed to be measured by God with standards that only He can identify. I'm sure that's good.

We do need to move forward where we can. I don't see us pleasing God with diminishing returns in positive areas. Aim and go for it. When exercised in the name of God, success will be the result.

James 3:18 (MSG)
18 You can develop a healthy, robust community that lives right with God and enjoy its results only if you do the hard work of getting along with each other, treating each other with dignity and honor.

3 comments:

radspank said...

That verse was exactly what I needed to hear today! I explained why on my own page.Thanks for your blog, I'm enjoying reading it.
Bless you - Nathan

Simon Mapleback said...

Hi Commissioner

We just finnished our mision trip here in Rwanda and fly out for Oz in a few hours.

Thanks again for the link but more so all the prayers

Hope to catch you soon

God bless
Simon

Jim Knaggs said...

Welcome home, team.