Thursday 3 January 2008

Resolutions

So, are you still good on your new year resolutions? We're into day three. There's still time to make it good. Maybe our resolutions should be cast in a future date, like, by the first of September, I'm going to... That way, you'll be good for your goal at least for 3/4ths of the year.

If the resolution is a daily discipline, you might be off already and still have 363 more leap year days to go.

I have an idea...grace. You know, forgive yourself when you're not exactly perfect. If you try it on yourself, you might even be prepared to do so for your neighbour. Now that's a good resolution.

Luke 11:4 (NIV)
4 Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation.'"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mine is to give up chocolate.....but I like your suggestions....especially the one about grace...more so for others than myself.....I want to be more forgiving towards others...with God's Grace and his presence in my life I know I can achieve this goal.....I think that will be easier than the chocolate... :}
Robyn

Amy said...

Your Awesome Comm. Knaggs :)

God Bless!

jsi said...

Happy New Year
Forgiveness and grace - they work hand in hand - exactly! I havve always found 01/01 to be a re-energizing of my instilled disciplines which seemed to have gotten stepped on a bit the last three weeks of December. "No Bible, no breakfast" is so important and effective, unless that is when I have stacked my day up so busy I'm zooming past breakfast. The December sprint is never anything that has killed us or eaten us alive, but it sure is something that has a bite and needs a vaccine. I enjoy 01/01 returning to the daily disciplines which interlace strength into my routine and strength.
As a family, we have taken a stand against junk food and it can be the most substantial decision we make about our family nutrition. Three days and all's well...you are right that it can be more achieveable for any resolution to attach a date which is farther away. Embrace and enjoy your new year. I always look forward to your posts. We are praying for your family and your ministry

Andre L. Burton said...

My resolution is to be a bit more patient...living in NYC will prove to be an uphill battle.

Happy New Year!

Andre