Wednesday 24 October 2007

Decisions

One of my mentors says about himself, "I may not always be right, but I'm always decisive." It's one of the reasons I look to him so much. He's right way more often than not, but the point is that he has the courage to act on his convictions. I like that.

We've been looking at many subjects in these days of the 3T Conference. The discussion ends with a decision to act or not to act at this moment. This is good. There are many facets to the decisions that affect all three territories. They need to be weighed and understood from many perspectives.

I thank God for these women and men who are committed to serving Christ with every thought, decision and action. Hallelujah!

John 8:50 (MSG)
50 I am not trying to get anything for myself. God intends something gloriously grand here and is making the decisions that will bring it about.

3 comments:

Totally sold out on Him said...

Who does a commissioner have as a mentor, the General ? only joking, I really believe in you, it is fantastic that you do have a mentor and I never cease to be amazed at your humility and character, you truly are a great man of God,.....I know you get your fair share of criticism on this blog, and thats unfortunate, however, I applaud you for your openness and attempts of being appproachable and ready to drive this movement forward, thankyou.
I dont mean to "flannel suck", its just that you need to be encouraged and applauded for what you are trying to do, instead of criticised. Well Done Boss. I am so pleased to serve under you at this time.
Gary

Jim Knaggs said...

Gary - Your comment is appreciated. I actually do have a couple of mentors in a less than formal way.

Anonymous said...

Mentors are great....I have several and I constantly look to them for guidance....as our Territory Leaders I consider you mentors...with this in mind I trust your decisions for our Territory...great things are happening....Praise God for our Leaders....not all the decisions would be easy...I can't even begin to imagine what you guys deal with...be encouraged....I am