Friday 9 January 2009

Salvation Service

This means saying yes to God. Nothing less. Please don't even entertain another option. Your question might be how God speaks definitively, but when He does, you must serve. I have heard people say, "when He calls me on the phone, I'll know for certain what to do." I see this as a humorous attempt to dodge the realities of faith.

For those who lean towards that position, they wouldn't know what to do if He were on the phone. You see, He speaks to us in a variety of ways. It may be a voice in our heart or a compelling circumstance. It may be a child through whom He speaks or a stranger. Look for Him. Listen to Him...and do what He bids. For God's sake do it! (and for yours)

Deuteronomy 13:18 (MSG)
18 Yes. Obediently listen to God, your God. Keep all his commands that I am giving you today. Do the right thing in the eyes of God, your God.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God wouldn't use technology like the phone. Phones and other new-fangled technology are controlled by the prince of the power of the air. Same with computers, God doesn't understand these either.

Anonymous said...

I disagree with previous anon I've heard God on the phone - a friend rings just when I need an encouraging word
I've received God's word through email a letter from a child who received Jesus as her saviour the newfangled technology is new to us not God and he will use them As the TC said God speaks to us in many, many ways listen he is there and yes do it . Thanks TC I was having doubts about something evn through blogs does our God speak

helenbee said...

Praise God that He chooses to speak to us in a myriad of different ways including through the telephone, email and other Christian material that can be accessed across the world wide web. I thank God for the encouragement as well as challenges that have come to me through these and other means that God uses.

Jim Knaggs said...

We're definitely going in the right direction here. Thanks.