Thursday 1 January 2009

Start Well

A few days ago I mentioned that we should finish well. The odds of finishing well are greatly enhanced by starting well. Here we are at the beginning of a new year (for many people in the world, not all) with the potential for fresh hopes and new starts. Go for it!

In the context of positive direction, all that stands between you and a step forward is you. Together, let's take these steps to honour God and worship Him with our lives in spirit and in truth. Hallelujah!

2 Thessalonians 2:13 (MSG)
13 Meanwhile, we've got our hands full continually thanking God for you, our good friends—so loved by God! God picked you out as his from the very start. Think of it: included in God's original plan of salvation by the bond of faith in the living truth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This morning - this New Year morning I read about growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ throughout this year. It suggested to me that it is an ongoing experience and this is what I desire this year - to grow to be more like Jesus - living the holy life that He makes possible through His grace. Yes, God has chosen us to be like Him. Praise his name.

Anonymous said...

My dear Commissioner your comments were may I with respect too kind, I am only a working boy from Braybrook an indifferent cornet player from Sunshine band,” they walk past and shake their finger” Yet isn’t it great that Jesus would use such flawed clay ?
Opportunity has taken me to the furtherests point West and East and South and North of China ,where this flawed soldier has witnessed to leaders at Lectures and Banquets ,I remember a Doctoral graduate from Buffalo University a survivor of the Cultural Revolution requesting I say grace and I refused because there were better than I who should, Taoist monks who whilst requesting French converts to Buddhism join them on a trip to the Taiwan straits did not invite me when asked why? the answer ”David is a Christian” The French converts then refused to go . I have no pretensions just a confidence that I am forgiven through the shed blood of Jesus and I may slip into union with Jesus through his grace. I am led to say that the hand of our Lord is upon both you and Mrs Commissioner Knaggs and that is beautiful. Christianity is alive and well in China Hallelujah!! ,As Jesus is lifted up he is drawing...
but this simple soldier is but a clay pot.