Thursday 3 July 2008

Grandparents

I'm discovering that the world needs grandparents. Oh, my own grandparents were terrific and very badly needed. Now I'm seeing it from the other side of life. Just like parenthood, I'm delightfully blessed with being a grandparent. It's a part of me that can't be squashed or denied. Ha!

Now we know that God has no grandchildren. When we realise our love relationship with Him, we begin to understand we are His children. Our kids can't inherit our faith. They don't need to. That's a good thing, because sometimes, our witness just isn't up to the grace of God. We can and must show the way to Christ. It is their blessed choice to love and follow Him. Bless the Lord.

Revelation 12:11 (MSG)
11 They defeated him through the blood of the Lamb and the bold word of their witness. They weren't in love with themselves; they were willing to die for Christ.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I've seen the lights of Paris
I've seen the lights of Rome
But the best lights I've seen
Are the tailights when the kids take the grandkids home"

Author unknown

Good on you, Jim.

Anonymous said...

Good post! Thank you Lord for my grandparents, who loved me and gave me some of the best hugs of my life (as well as some excellent chocolates and glasses of cold lemonade). What a blessing. Annette

Phil said...

I feel I missed out on this part of life. As the father of a 3 year old with one more on the way, I pray my kids are able to enjoy both sets of grandparents for years to come, God willing.