Monday 21 July 2008

Noarlunga

One of our corps deeply committed to prayer is the Noarlunga, South Australia Corps. Captains Robert and Vanessa Evans are the Corps Leaders with Envoy Mark Grant as an assistant. The corps, of course has local leaders that are intrinsically a part of this prayer movement as well.

In the community, the corps has established a 24/7 prayer room, accessible to several churches and individuals in order to seek the Lord in prayer. The corps has gone beyond my imagination in establishing this special prayer room. God is being glorified. Hallelujah!

Philippians 4:6 (MSG)
6 Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of this 24/7 prayer room. The Salvos in the Darebin area in Melbourne are getting together and I am hoping we can make this one of our projects. I am also studying and thinking a lot about how I can make my own personal prayer life more effective. I'm just beginning to see how powerful it is when people pray - not just with requests but even the immense value of praise and thanksgiving, the meditation on God's word and the listening to what the Holy Spirit wants to say to us.
Thanks for the lead, Noarlunga.