Saturday 2 December 2006

All the people

Sometimes on Saturdays, we have a chance to get out and walk the streets a little. There are so many people around us. Do they know the Saviour? How will they ever know? Major Donna Peterson wrote a song by that title years ago. It's a beautiful song with close harmonies and is dedicated to General Bramwell Tillsley (Rtd.) who was her Training Principal.

The chorus reads,
If I don't have your joy to share with another;
If I don't have the peace that comes from above;
If I don't have a heart with compassion for others,
How will they ever know,
How will they ever know of your love?

The close harmonies of our walk in Jesus will bring the holy music to the hearts of the people.

Philippians 4:9 (MSG)
"Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was a child in infant school we used to have "show and tell". Each child would take their turn, with excitement and pleasure, to bring something that was special to them to share with the class.It always was popular and prompted loads of interest and questions. I'm sure it wouldnt have been half the fun if it was only just "tell".
Lord, help me to be a "show AND tell" Christian... To not only tell others about You but to put my money and my heart and my actions where my mouth is... Amen

Jim Knaggs said...

Yes!

Anonymous said...

Some once told me that the 'greatest sermon ever preached didn't use any words' What a huge challenge for us as Christians. Its important that we strive to be Christ-like in everything we do. Maintaining and upholding integrity, love and Holiness! The priviledge of EVERY believer. It's important that we live as a full-time Christian. Not just Sundays and Wednesday nights, but all the time. The public watch our every move, we're like an open book to them. Let them read of God's love, grace, forgiveness and Salvation in our actions. Live the Word of God!

Mighty God, may you continue to empower and convict me to be a living sacrifice for You. Sharing Your Word, living Your Word, Breathing, eating, sleeping.... You get the picture!? For the Glory of Your name! Hallelujah!!

Evie said...

Donna's written a number of beautiful songs. She expresses ordinary truths through extraordinary texts and music.

Berryinteresting said...

Haven't thought of that song in awhilie. thanks, Jim -- needed a reminder.

Anonymous said...

I sometimes love just sitting and watching people walk by. I can't help but wonder about their lives. are they married, where they work, are they saved etc. I then can't help but to pray for them also. I think this is good for me. It keeps my heart soft.