Tuesday 5 December 2006

Tough Decisions

Life is loaded with decisions. Many of us have developed habits in our day so as to minimize the decision making. These would be good habits. All of us, no matter how much we may try avoidance, end up making plenty of decisions throughout the day. Some are big and some don't seem to be.

What was the biggest decision you've made today? The day I was saved was the best decision and the day I committed in marriage was another really big (and beautiful) decision. Then there are tough decisions...decisions that have a huge impact and that we have to make without the best information.

I've learned to trust God. The decisions aren't necessarily easier, but the anxiety is greatly diminished.

Hebrews 10:23 (TEV)
"Let us hold on firmly to the hope we profess, because we can trust God to keep his promise."

5 comments:

Karen said...

Thank you Commissioner, I needed to read that. ~Karen~

Anonymous said...

Ditto. My decision to visit your blog was a good one. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

If ministry is people and people are ministry then all my decisions effect people. So I have to open to God's heart so that people always sense God in all my decisions.

Anonymous said...

Your blog today is so appropriate...

The beautiful and amazing thing for me is that I've been able to depend on God for every important decision that I've needed to make lately. I am more aware of His presence now than before.

He speaks to us in many ways and my eyes, ears and heart are always open ...I certainly don't want to miss any opportunity.

Happy Birthday K!

Praying for you..as always..

Jim Knaggs said...

I have decided to follow Jesus.