Tuesday 12 December 2006

Getting the Job Done

Finishing well...very important. Sometimes we're really good at starting things. It's exciting and even fun...getting something going. We have the hope that what we started will amount to something and that it will have effectiveness.

Then there are times when we just don't get around to the finish line. Reasons abound and explanations for coming up short sound quite convincing...but the real satisfaction comes when you finish the job.

Were you able to finish something today? Then you know the satisfaction I'm writing about. Good for you. Otherwise, well, there's always tomorrow...right?

1 Corinthians 9:26 (MSG)
"I don't know about you, but I'm running hard for the finish line. I'm giving it everything I've got. No sloppy living for me!"

3 comments:

Messengerofhope said...

Back in 1995 (phew, a decade ago) during the Ordination service in White Plains, NY, the TC, RGI, at quoted this verse as I received my commission...

"See to it that you complete the work assigned to you."

The reference now escapes me but it's been useful to me, lo these many years

Anonymous said...

I think that they people finish or leave something is the way start the next thing. Finishing well is very important in life, i susspect.
gotgumonmyshoe

Anonymous said...

for give my gibberish it should write. "the way people finish" & "the way they start". I'm such a goober at typing.
gotgumonmyshoe