Thursday 21 December 2006

Wombat Divine

We looked at the beautiful displays in the windows of the Myer store on Bourke Street today. They're world class and very well done. At first I was a little taken back by the title. Then, I took in the story. To get to the point, the Wombat doesn't fit in the manger story anywhere, until he is selected to be the baby Jesus.

They've told the story...the whole story. We, each don't fit in the story until we realize God wants us to be like Jesus. He wants us to resemble the Saviour of the people of the world...and it's only possible because of the baby Jesus and the adult Jesus and the resurrected Jesus. Hallelujah!

Thank you Myer for getting it so right.

Philippians 2:5 (MSG)
"Think of yourselves the way Christ Jesus thought of himself."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wombat Divine is a beautiful children's book from much loved author Mem Fox. You can learn more about Mem and the story from http://www.memfox.net/wombat-divine.html

Anonymous said...

When I saw that display on Bourke Street a few weeks ago I didn't think much of it, in fact my dislike of wombats caused me to walk away, but your perspective has shone new light on it and I agree with you. Thank you for seeing such a beautiful message in something that I could not.
Blessings,
Tish