Wednesday 20 December 2006

The Ashes

I'm a recent convert to Cricket...the game, that is. Australia just won the Ashes back from England. (It's like the trophy) Of course, the match isn't over even though we already won. If you have to ask, you won't get it.

I see it as a blend of baseball and chess, because of the strategies that must be engaged to win. Yes, I know it takes five days to win a match, but it actually grabs you if you take a moment to understand and watch.

It is just a game. Isaiah has a comment about the ashes that makes eternal sense.

Isaiah 61:3 "...To give them beauty for ashes." We get the beauty of the Messiah, the Christ in place of the ashes of life. Hallelujah!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Commissioner:

I'm delighted you are discovering the joys of cricket - and crestfallen at the English performance.

Between rugby and cricket, the Aussies make the Brits pay dearly for the past. Somehow, I think it may be actully more than a 'game.' :-)

Richard Munn

Larry said...

Cricket....hmmm. You have assimilated. As the Borg from Star Trek would say "Resistance is futile."

Hug all of the Knaggsburgers for Janet and me!

Bill said...

Commissioner:

I always enjoyed watching Cricket with my stays in Australia. It is Susanne favorite sport and we usually try and get to a match when we visit. I personally love Rugby League out of the Australian sports.

You are loved and prayed for.

Blessings,
Bill and Susanne

Anonymous said...

Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi.

This is the next phase of your assimilation.

gotgunonmyshoe.

Jim Knaggs said...

RM - Perhaps we have even more in common, now.

Larry - Allison's here. Steve's on his way. Mike and Katie arrive on Saturday. Your ministry to our clan is of great value.

B/S - What about Footy?

G - I'm not quite there yet. Pray for me.

Bill said...

Well you live in the South so Footy is very popular but up north in Sydney they think Footy is a girl's game.

Take Care,
B/S