Sunday 31 December 2006

Last Chance in 2006

Even as the hours wind down for the year 2006, we can take a moment to set things right. I'm so grateful time is of no consequence in heaven. Here, it can limit us significantly in our dreams and in our hopes. It can, however, help us in much the opposite way. With time constraints we are encouraged to get to things and to finish what we've begun.

I'm thinking the gift of time yet today is for you and me to do or say something significant that we've put off. A call to someone, an e-mail, a letter, or some communication of God's redeeming grace would be a grand thing in these last few minutes of this year. What is the Spirit encouraging you to do as you read this?

Psalms 31:14-16 (NIV)
14 But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, "You are my God."
15 My times are in your hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who pursue me.
16 Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAVE A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!

Top Ten Things you will not have to worry about in 2007:

1 The Bible will still have the answers.
2 Prayer will still work.
3 The Holy Spirit will still move.
4 God will still inhabit the praises of His people.
5 There will still be God-anointed preaching.
6 There will still singing of praise.
7 God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
8 There will still be room at the cross.
9 Jesus will still love you.
10 Jesus will still save the lost.

Anonymous said...

Hey there TC! Glad to know that you are seeing a few of the tourist hotspots.
Hugs to the Prez!
Cheers,
Darren (The Band Secretary)