Thursday 7 December 2006

Tests

After study comes the tests. What's the point of studying if you're not facing a test? Why bother gaining information and experience if there is no use for it? Is this a wealth we put into our savings until a rainy day?

The test is where the study becomes focused and purposeful. The test is the fire that tempers the steel. Now what have you learned and what tests are you facing?

We need to put ourselves to the test. Have you learned of the love of God? Test it. Have you gained faith from your experiences and relationship with God? Test it. Have your observations caused you to have a certain understanding? Test it.

These tests will not result in failure...only more learning, ready for more testing.

1 Peter 1:7 (TLB)
"These trials are only to test your faith, to see whether or not it is strong and pure. It is being tested as fire tests gold and purifies it--and your faith is far more precious to God than mere gold; so if your faith remains strong after being tried in the test tube of fiery trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day of his return."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When it comes to tests I'm afraid I'm a bit like a child at the seaside.. I want to go right into those waves.. but..then again.. so I steel myself.. yes, yes I am ready! I can do this..and I start forward but then..toes touch water and WOW.. that is COLD.. so I scurry back up the warm sand.. and look longingly at the waves.. and they call me closer and closer.. til eventually I make it in.. and it's great and they lift me and hey I can do this!.. and then one dumps me over and sand swirls and I don't know which way is up.. so I flounder out and stagger back up the sand where it's all safe and warm and still.. and I gaze at the waves.. and I want to go back.. but...

Grace

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that I have learnt most about myself during test. The tests during my Officership have brought out the best in me and also the worst. I hope more good than bad as I know it's during these time that my character is developed.
gotgumonmyshoe