Monday 10 December 2007

Christmas Season

Today was a banner day in the Christmas Season. The Staff Band played in a Christmas Programme at the Hamer Hall. They were terrific. The Veteran's Band played a programme at the Town Hall. I wasn't able to stay for their programme, but the crowd was amazing and the band is always superior.

My next stop was at the 614 New Life Centre where the place is oozing with the love of Christ, and then to two separate advisory board members offices for personal meetings. In case you think the day ended from there, not so my friend. I was fortunate to connect at Flinders Station and witness the ministry of Captain Jason Davies-Kildea and musical partner for their duet of Christmas Carols. Well done.

In the evening, Carolyn and I went with a choice family to the presentation of the Seventh Day Adventist Churches, "The Road to Bethlehem." It was terrific and a blessing to be with our friends and to consider the birth of Christ.

This is why I love the Christmas Season. You can be reminded of God's love over and over again. Hallelujah!

Matthew 1:23 (NIV)
23 "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"--which means, "God with us."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just been thinking a little about the topic of humility and I am reminded that the leader of our Territory caught the train home from the city along with everyone else this afternoon!

Anonymous said...

Christmas for me is a time of alienation, loneliness and depression.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm a little crazy at this time of year. But I love the Christmas crowdes the long ques, and all the running around and business of this season. I'm not sure why but I love it.
gotgumonmyshoe

Anonymous said...

Dear anonymous,
I'll be praying for you this Christmas and every Christmas from now on. I am sad that that is what Christmas is for you and I will pray that you will know the peace that Jesus gives not only this Christmas but for the rest of your life. I also pray that you won't be lonely this Christmas I pray that new friends come into your life
Sharon.

Amy said...

Jesus is the reason for the season! I love that quote/saying. Althought its quite sad, it seems many in the world have forgotten why we have Christmas, or dont even know the real reason to begin with!

And to Anon, I too will be praying for you. Ill also be praying for the many others that feel that way at Christmas time.

God bless and Merry Christmas to all!

Jim Knaggs said...

Thank you, friends for ministering to Anon. I'd ask you not to remain anonymous, but give a believing friend an opportunity to apply the healing grace of God.

Anonymous said...

Anon,

Please know that there are people out there who care, who make it their business to help others in need every day. These are the people in whom we find God in our midst. Seek them, they are seeking you. Make a phone call, let us get in touch with you!

Praying for you,

cam s