Saturday 8 December 2007

Giving Thanks

With Connections pressing upon us, our celebration of the American holiday Thanksgiving was put on hold. Today we celebrated with some close friends, complete with Turkey and all the trimmings. With the newly set up Christmas tree and the food cooking, our house smelled glorious.

It was all worth it. We enjoyed the food, the conversation and the fellowship. It was a gift from God. Following the desert, we went around the table to express our gratitude to God from our unique perspectives. He was acknowledged for everything from the food to family to present circumstance and for life itself. We have much to be thankful for. He has provided abundantly. Hallelujah!

Revelation 7:12 (NIV)
12 saying: "Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just sang Revelations 7:12 last night in prayer to the Lord! I had been begging Him all day to tell me what was on His heart - and all I could hear was the word "Thanksgiving." So I felt like He was wanting me offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving to Him. What a wonderful scripture which includes every nation and tribe and tongue and people......who will be around His Throne - with white robes - and it goes on to say the angels & living creatures & elders - what an audience we'll be a part of!!!!

Hey, I lost your email and I need to get ahold of you...Can you email me at helenjoy@inbox.com or judytomlin@verizon.net?

Jim Knaggs said...

Hi Helen, Good to hear from you. I'll write.