Friday 28 December 2007

Finishing Well

Continuing in a theme at this point of the year, how about finishing well? My father used to say that you could tell a good carpenter or craftsman by how he cleaned up when he was finished. It has to do with completing the job and finishing well.

This would be true about our everyday responsibilities. Have we completed our tasks and have we finished them appropriately? We should.

So the year is coming to a close. Finishing well?

Matthew 25:23 (NIV)
23 "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

3 comments:

Lorry said...

Great analogy! Isn't it grand to have our parents' wisdom to draw from in our own walk of faith - "thanks Rock!"
Lorry G
JK - check out comment on 12/26

Anonymous said...

One thing I love about closing off a year is looking at my goals I set for the year.....and how satisfying it is to cross them off....after achieving them....time to set some new goals for 2008.....what does the year have in store for us.....2007 was great 2008 can only be better....Amen!!

Jim Knaggs said...

Thanks for this, Lorry. With my father dying so young, less and less people I know knew him.

Good point, anon. Some of my goals for 2008 are in "One Day"